Digital R&D Working day that includes key impression leaders and Poseida’s management and scientific group customers to be held currently at 10:00am ET / 7:00am PT
SAN DIEGO, Feb. 22, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: PSTX), a medical-stage mobile and gene therapy corporation advancing a new class of treatment options for individuals with cancer and scarce diseases, these days introduced that the Company strategies to spotlight its medical and preclinical pipeline progress for the duration of a virtual R&D Day to be held these days at 10:00am ET / 7:00am PT.
“R&D Day is our yearly showcase for the ground breaking and remarkable science we are advancing at Poseida that proceeds to travel our management in the area of mobile and gene therapies,” explained Mark Gergen, Main Executive Officer of Poseida Therapeutics. “Nowadays, we will announce our next liver-directed preclinical gene therapy plan partnered with Takeda: P-PAH-101 for the in vivo procedure of Phenylketonuria, or PKU. We are excited to share the progress we have designed with our site-specific Tremendous piggyBac system to help highly qualified site-distinct editing and insertion, a person of the most sought-immediately after attributes of genetic engineering. Ultimately, in our cell treatment portfolio, we proceed to differentiate ourselves, increasing our capabilities for our allogeneic T mobile platform to deploy TCRs in combination with Automobiles in reliable tumors. We are thankful for the continued devotion of our scientists, partners and collaborators as we perform jointly to unlock the prospective of our systems to treat sufferers with most cancers and unusual genetic conditions.”
The Firm’s third-once-a-year R&D Day will attribute its govt leadership and scientists for a morning of shows and hearth chats with exclusive guest speakers exploring the long term of cell and gene treatment. The program will spotlight the Firm’s proprietary genetic engineering platform systems, differentiated allogeneic Car-T packages, and novel ways to gene treatment as well as ongoing collaborations with Roche and Takeda.
External speakers will contain:
- George M. Church, Ph.D., a pioneer in the fields of genetics and artificial biology and Chair of the Company’s Gene Therapy Scientific Advisory Board
- Madhu Natarajan, Ph.D., Head of the Rare Health conditions Drug Discovery Device at Takeda
- Christine Brown, Ph.D., Professor, Town of Hope, a Auto-T cell expert and member of the Company’s Immuno-Oncology Scientific Advisory Board.
Essential R&D Working day Matters and Highlights
In Vivo Gene Remedy Plans
The Business will current advancements in hybrid technological know-how highlighting the possible for solitary treatment cures across many ailments.
- P-OTC-101 is the Company’s liver-directed gene therapy method for the in vivo treatment of urea cycle sickness caused by a deficiency in the ornithine transcarbamylase (OTC) enzyme, a defect that impairs the body’s ability to detoxify ammonia, a byproduct of protein metabolic process. The Firm will display knowledge highlighting illness correction and evaluation in non-human primates, with the Company’s guide lipid nanoparticle formulation that has demonstrated favorable tolerability.
- The Business will announce P-PAH-101, its 2nd Takeda-partnered gene remedy program. P-PAH-101 is a liver-directed gene remedy to handle PKU, an inherited genetic problem caused by mutations in the phenylalanine hydroxylase (PAH) gene ensuing in buildup of phenylalanine in the overall body. If left untreated, PKU can impact a person’s cognitive progress. P-PAH-101 utilizes Tremendous piggyBac technologies mixed with a hybrid adeno-affiliated virus (AAV) and nanoparticle delivery system. Preclinical information has shown the potential to take care of phenylalanine to typical levels following a single treatment in juvenile and grownup mice.
Rising Technologies in Gene Therapy
The Corporation will emphasize its continuing focus on innovation in its rising platform technologies at modern occasion.
- Site-specific Tremendous piggyBac DNA Shipping and delivery, initial unveiled at the Company’s R&D Day in February 2022, has ongoing to progress. The Organization has manufactured major enhancements to effectiveness and website-unique transposition, with up to 60% of haploid genomes modified.
- The Enterprise has built crucial enhancements to its non-viral gene shipping procedure resulting in nearly 10-fold improvements in DNA expression in the past 12 months on a pathway to acknowledging the entire prospective of non-viral gene delivery.
Allogeneic Mobile Remedy Courses
- The Business will recap early medical information offered at the European Culture for Health-related Oncology Immuno-Oncology Annual Congress in December 2022 (ESMO I-O) on both of its Stage 1 allogeneic cell remedy programs: P-MUC1C-ALLO1, a wholly-owned Vehicle-T merchandise candidate focusing on strong tumors derived from epithelial cells, together with breast and ovarian cancers, and P-BCMA-ALLO1, a Car-T product prospect partnered with Roche concentrating on relapsed/refractory several myeloma. The Business designs to existing further updates on equally trials at a health care convention in 2023.
- The Firm will present preclinical data on further emerging allogeneic Motor vehicle-T plans which include P-CD19CD20-ALLO1, P-CD70-ALLO1 and P-ckit-ALLO1.
Emerging Systems in Mobile Treatment
- The Enterprise will share early preclinical data highlighting development produced in the direction of establishing dual-concentrating on Car or truck-TCR-T therapies able of recognizing extracellular and intracellular stable tumor antigens for opportunity enhanced clinical results.
R&D Day Webcast Info
Registration for this digital party and entry to the reside webcast will be readily available on the Buyers & Media segment of the Firm’s web site, www.poseida.com. A replay of the webcast will be out there for 90 days pursuing the presentation.
About Poseida Therapeutics, Inc.
Poseida Therapeutics is a medical-phase biopharmaceutical company advancing differentiated cell and gene therapies with the capacity to treatment specific cancers and rare diseases. The Company’s pipeline involves allogeneic Motor vehicle-T mobile therapy merchandise candidates for each good and liquid tumors as nicely as in vivo gene therapy item candidates that tackle affected person populations with significant unmet health care will need. The Firm’s technique to mobile and gene therapies is based mostly on its proprietary genetic enhancing platforms, such as its non-viral Super piggyBac® DNA Shipping System, Cas-CLOVER™ Internet site-Specific Gene Editing Procedure and nanoparticle and hybrid gene shipping technologies. The Company has fashioned international strategic collaborations with Roche and Takeda to unlock the promise of mobile and gene therapies for sufferers. Learn much more at www.poseida.com and link with Poseida on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Statements contained in this press launch about matters that are not historic details are “ahead-on the lookout statements” in the which means of the Personal Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These kinds of forward-looking statements consist of statements regarding, among other issues, anticipated plans with regard to medical trials, such as timing of medical data updates predicted timelines and milestones with respect to the Company’s development courses the likely capabilities and rewards of the Company’s engineering platforms and product or service candidates the Firm’s designs and tactic with respect to acquiring its technologies and item candidates and long run contributions of the Company’s researchers, associates and collaborators. Mainly because such statements are subject matter to challenges and uncertainties, actual final results may perhaps vary materially from people expressed or implied by these forward-wanting statements. These ahead-seeking statements are primarily based upon the Firm’s existing anticipations and contain assumptions that may never materialize or may well establish to be incorrect. Actual effects could vary materially from those people predicted in these forward-on the lookout statements as a result of different threats and uncertainties, which consist of, with out limitation, the Firm’s reliance on 3rd events for different facets of its organization risks and uncertainties affiliated with progress and regulatory acceptance of novel products candidates in the biopharmaceutical sector the Company’s ability to keep essential scientific or management personnel the truth that the Corporation will have restricted management above the attempts and resources that its strategic partners dedicate to advancing advancement courses beneath their respective collaboration agreements and the capability of its strategic partners to early terminate the collaborations, these types of that the Company may well not get the potential charges and payments below the collaboration agreements or absolutely understand the positive aspects of this kind of collaborations and the other hazards explained in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Trade Fee. All ahead-on the lookout statements contained in this press release discuss only as of the date on which they had been built. The Corporation undertakes no obligation to update these types of statements to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist just after the date on which they were being manufactured, besides as needed by legislation.
Source Poseida Therapeutics, Inc.